It's the Final DELETION!!!!!!!

This past week, TNA Impact Wrestling regained my attention. I'll admit I'm always on the fence with them. They'll have a story line going on between wrestlers that seems interesting, and then it goes nowhere.

Or I'll catch a match of a particular wrestler, and the company actually starts to go with him, giving them a new star, and they just squander it *cough*Magnus*cough*.

But now they've done it again, and in the most brilliantly, weird way I might add. I'm talking about the Broken Matt/Brother Nero fued, that all culminated with The Final Deletion.

When this thing started, I'll be honest, I thought to myself: "What the hell is this?". What I'm talking about is the Jeff Hardy/Matt Hardy contract signing for Slammiversary. Plainly put, it seemed stupid. But you know what it did? It got to tune back into Impact Wrestling a few more weeks, and I've seen this asinine character Matt Hardy has come up with. This "Broken Matt" character. It's so odd, that it's actually entertaining. And that's saying a lot, because I've actually never been that big of a Matt Hardy fan.

But this... this... THING. This Broken Matt/Brother Nero feud they've put on, it combines the best parts of the weird world of wrestling with those movies that are are so strange, that they're good. It's home video MEETS found footage movies MEETS the crazy concepts you'd think up when you're playing outside with your friends when you were five years old MEETS those old school crazy wrestling matches. You know the ones; like the Pig Pen Match, or the Kiss My Foot match between Jerry Lawler and Bret Hart, or the Scaffolding Match between the Midnight Express and the Rock N Roll Express.

Don't take my word for it, check it out for yourself. TNA has put The Final Deletion on youtube in all it's hilariously awesome, super-weird glory!


It's insane, right!? But insane in a good way. Insane in the way that (at least to me) says, check us out over here. We aren't doing that same exact thing as everyone else, and that in itself is a good thing. It's different. And what's even better, from a business point-of-view, is that the match helped TNA score their largest ratings in over a year, and it's highest ever since debuting on PopTV, at 410,000.

It'll be interesting to see where they go from here and if they can keep up the momentum, at least ratings wise.

On a side note, here's EC3's reaction to Final Deletion, which was pretty much mine. Did you see Final Deletion? What'd you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment